Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

Default Best Practice

There are at least 3 ways to get information from one workbook into another.
One is to open the workbook and do a copy/paste. Another is to create
linking formulas (your technique) which works with an open or closed source
workbook. A third is to use ADO if the source data is arranged in a table.
Since my 'best practice' is to waste as little of the user's time as
possible, I'd use the technique that is the quickest in a realistic test.
You'd have to run some time trials to determine that.

--
Jim