Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Franz Verga

Default Dealing with automatic / manual page breaks

Nel post news:Turquoise_dax.2a2ahz_1151413202.4901@excelfor um-nospam.com
*Turquoise_dax* ha scritto:

I have a little problem and I would like to know if there is a
solution to it...

I have a very long worksheet, with two buttons allowing to switch
between the short and the full view. Obviously, I would like to
correct the page breaks in some instances, e.g. where a section title
is at the end of a page. However, if I change an automatic page break
to a manual page break, the summary view printing gets all screwed
up, as it is affected of the same manual page breaks. Any idea what
could help me?

(I CANNOT set two worksheet for both view, as the update of the data
would be an issue.) I guess I might just leave the automatic breaks as
is, but it sux!:P

Thanx

Hi,

You can use Custom Views. From menu View select Custom Views, Add. You have
to specifiy a name for each view. So the procedure should be:
prepare your worksheet to print in detailed mode, add a custom View called
Detail; now prepare your worksheet to print in summary mode and add a custom
view called Summary.
Now you can switch from a view to another and also the page breaks will
switch.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy