Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay

Default How to SUM #N/A

Or - the second option you mentioned (IF..)

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,range,col,index)),"0",VLOOKUP( A1,range,col,index))

Which will return a zero instead of an #N/A.

The statement checks for an N/A error and returns a 0.

Help search on ISNA for more details.

HTH

-Jay-

On 26/6/06 07:00, in article ,
"Aladin Akyurek" wrote:

=SUM(SUMIF(Range,{"<0","0"}))

Looking-for-a-brainiac wrote:
I have VLOOKUPs that return the value #N/A on occasion, as a matter or
course. I SUM those values. Currently I copy/paste values on the results,
then sort out and delete the #N/As to make the SUM work.

Is there a better way?

Can you alter the SUM sytax to force it to skip over #N/As?
Or can you imbed an IF/THEN statement arount the VLOOKUP to display #N/As as
zero?