Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dread

Default Can you use 2 look up values in VLookup?

I want the price that corresponds with Model/Room.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What do you want if not the first match?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"dread" wrote in message
This did not work. I'm getting the value of the first Match returned.

Can I
e-mail you my spreadsheet? I think the problem might be that the cell for
the 2nd matches look up value gets its value based on a VLookup.

Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=INDEX(A1:D3,MATCH("Model A",A1:A3,0),MATCH("Bath",A1:D1,0))

as an example

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"dread" wrote in message
Is it possible to use 2 look up values in VLookup? Or is there a
different
method I should be using?

For example:

Kitchen Bath Laundry
Model A Price A Price B Price C
Model B Price D Price E Price F

I have the model stored in cell A1 and the room stored in cell B1. I

want
to look up the model (in cell A1) and the room (in cell B2) in the

table
array (above) and return the appropriate price. If I have Model A and
Kitchen, I want VLookup to return Price A. If I have Model A and Bath

want
VLookup to return Price B and so on.

Thank you.