Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JonR

Default inverting data for a graph

Chris,

Not sure how you're populating your chart data, but here's a couple of
hints. Try Marcello's suggestion about the chart options. If that doesn't
work, you could sort your data in Descending rather than Ascending order (
I'm assuming that 3,9,2,4,7 is another column associated with a date or
something where the sort order is sequential).

As far as your second question - 'don't know what the last cell number will
be' -- check out Jon Peltier's excellent page on dynamic charts. You'll
never have to manually adjust a chart range again.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html#hdrDyno

"Chris" wrote:

Is there a way I could invert a series on a graph? Lets say my data points
are 3,9,2,4,7, but I really want graphed 7,4,2,9,3. Is there a way I could
just switch this in chart options? Here's the complicated part, a simple
solution would be to just invert the numbers in the worksheet using the index
function. However, I'm trying to record a macro and it seems impossible to do
if I use the index function because for different groups of data I'm not sure
what my last cell number will be. Any help?