Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carolyn at VW

Default Comparison of records between two spreadsheets

Thanks for your quick response, I created the macro as you stated, I copied
the second file into another worksheet and named it "Two" as you indicated
but I'm receiving a compiling error and was wondering if I could ask for your
help again. The error is "Next without for" When I hit the help key this is
the response:

"A Next statement must have a preceding For statement that matches. This
error has the following cause and solution:

A Next statement is used without a corresponding For statement.
Check other control structures within the For...Next structure and verify
that they are correctly matched. For example, an If without a matching End If
inside the For...Next structure generates this error.

"Carolyn at VW" wrote:

We have two spreadsheets that are identical, one went through a filtering
process in an attempt to automate the reporting of the records. After doing
so we are noticed there were a number of records missing. Instead of
manually going through the sheets, we would like to set something up to
automatically tell us which records/rows are missing from the other sheet.