Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susan

Default how do i display a variance in all positive numbers?

I am working with a spreadsheet that has an operating margin and a planned
operating margin and some months I have a postive OM and some months a
negative OM but when I display the variance between the two I'd like to
display the variance as just a number, but automatic formating sometimes
makes it a negative and sometimes a positive depending on which of the two
numbers is largest. Can someone help me with this? thanks, Susan