Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Franz Verga

Default 3 lates in any 35 day period.

Nel post
*paulrm906* ha scritto:

Hello everyone

What I have is a sheet call 'Late" with all staff names down column A
(starting cell A2) and the date from B1 to IV1.
Now assuming the person's name in cell A2 is Anna and the first date
in cell B1 is the 01-06-2006 and then 02-06-2006 and so forth.
Now if Anna is 15 minutes late on the 03-06-2006 I would then enter
the number 15 into the cell D2 and if she is again 20 minutes late on
the 15-06-2006 I would then enter the number 20 into cell P2 and if
she was again 30 minutes late on the 20-06-2006 I would then enter
the number 30 into cell U2. Now what I would like to do is use a
condition format to have all cells highlighted to the colour red and
the font white if she is late 3 times or more in any 35 day period.
So in other words in Anna's case I would like all cells from D2 to U2
to change to red.
Now I have tried the following formular in the conditional formatting
=COUNT(B2:AJ2,B2)3 and then dragged it accross to IV2. It will change
to red for me from the 1st late to the 2nd late and in between and
also the cell where the last late is, but it will not change colour
between the 2nd late and the 3rd late. I am not sure if this is even
possible but I am hoping that there might be someone out there that
might just have a solution to this problem.

Hi Paul,

To start solving your problem, select B2, then menu Format, Conditional
Formatting, chose Formula Is under Condition 1 then input this formula:

=COUNT($B2:B2)3

(be aware of "$"...)

click Format, choose your formatting, then click OK twice.

Now you can drag B2 by rows and columns. In this way when you'll have more
than 3 lates in a row, from the fourth the cells will be formatted as you
specified.

This is just a first step, because I have to think if is possible (and how)
the thing with the 35 days...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.