Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paulrm906

Default 3 lates in any 35 day period.

Hello everyone

What I have is a sheet call 'Late" with all staff names down column A
(starting cell A2) and the date from B1 to IV1.
Now assuming the person's name in cell A2 is Anna and the first date in
cell B1 is the 01-06-2006 and then 02-06-2006 and so forth.
Now if Anna is 15 minutes late on the 03-06-2006 I would then enter the
number 15 into the cell D2 and if she is again 20 minutes late on the
15-06-2006 I would then enter the number 20 into cell P2 and if she was
again 30 minutes late on the 20-06-2006 I would then enter the number 30
into cell U2. Now what I would like to do is use a condition format to
have all cells highlighted to the colour red and the font white if she
is late 3 times or more in any 35 day period. So in other words in
Anna's case I would like all cells from D2 to U2 to change to red.
Now I have tried the following formular in the conditional formatting
=COUNT(B2:AJ2,B2)3 and then dragged it accross to IV2. It will change
to red for me from the 1st late to the 2nd late and in between and also
the cell where the last late is, but it will not change colour between
the 2nd late and the 3rd late. I am not sure if this is even possible
but I am hoping that there might be someone out there that might just
have a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Paul Maynard
Moscow