Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gimp

Default another complex =IF question

ok what is the longest formula that can be created like this. i maxed
it out came back saying formula too long. i prolly have 1000 or more
possibilities.
Franz Verga wrote:
If I well understand your problem, this formula is what you need:

=IF(OR(B1="x",B1="a",B1=3),"(*)","")

You can have till 30 conditions inside the OR function, so 30 possible
values in B1 to have an (*) in A1.

Nel post oups.com
*gimp* ha scritto:

i was given the formula to use in cell A1 if cell b1 = x to make A1
either be blank if it said something other than x, or if it said x it
would generate an (*). now is there a formula that can be used in the
same senario if B1 had a series of possible values to generate a (*)
in cell A1?

thanks again

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy