Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default countif on unformatted dates

One possible way using your example

=SUMPRODUCT(--(INT(--SUBSTITUTE($A$1:$A$9,"'",""))=A11))

copy down will give

3
2
1
1
2

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have few dates in column A but it starts with an apostrophe sign.
Lets say the range is A1:A9 and here is a sample data
'6/5/2006 11:35:08 AM
'6/5/2006 11:35:08 AM
'6/5/2006 11:35:08 AM
'6/6/2006 11:35:08 AM
'6/6/2006 11:35:08 AM
'6/7/2006 11:35:08 AM
'6/8/2006 11:35:08 AM
'6/9/2006 11:35:08 AM
'6/9/2006 11:35:08 AM

I have the following values in cell A11:A15
6/5/2006
6/6/2006
6/7/2006
6/8/2006
6/9/2006

If I do a countif in cell B11 =COUNTIF(A1:A9,A11), the answer I get is
ZERO

How come???

I know it has got something to do with formats but not sure what. What
would be the correct formula?