Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Disable Auto save on Right Click

This is not usual behavior.

I'd start by looking for "helpful" macros.

If it happens in every workbook, maybe it's an addin that's doing the work.

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

If it only happens in one workbook, then contact the developer and ask him/her
why they did this.

If you are the developer, then you'll have to review your code.

Dvorakian wrote:

I just loaded up Excel 2003 and for some reason, every time I right click,
the document tries to save. This is pretty annoying because I cannot use
some of the right click menues. How do I disable this?

Word and Powerpoint are unaffected. This problem didn't occur a month ago.

--

Dave Peterson