Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Franz Verga

Default reformat a cell from last name, first to first space last?

Nel post
*Shannon* ha scritto:

I downloaded a spreadsheet with a column in it containing peoples
names.
They are listed with the last name first then a comma and the first
name or first initial. I want to change them to first name and last
name sparated by a space for data base purposes to use in a mailing.
Is there any easy way to do this?

Hi Shannon,

suppose you have a name in D9, you can copy this formula in E9:

=MID(D9,FIND(" ",D9)+1,LEN(D9)-FIND(" ",D9))&" "&LEFT(D9,FIND(",",D9)-1)

then fill down to rearrange all the names. At the end, if you want to delete
the original column you have to first Copy & Past Special, Values the column
with the rearranged names.

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.