Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Default Pivot Table Group Naming

You could name the group "Vegetables " -- including a space character
after the word.
That would create a different name than the one that's in the pivot
table, and should be allowed.

Arun wrote:
I am having an issue with naming a pivot table group. I have created the
following groups (I changed the list in this example to make it less
esoteric):

Fruits Grapes
Apples
Meats Pork
Beef
Chicken
Group3 Peas
Corn
Carrots

I am trying to rename Group3 to Vegetables - however it won't let me. When
I type it in it just reverts back to Group3. Any other variation works
(Veggies, Vegs, or even Vegetable). Now, I have played with the table a
little bit and I probably did create the Vegetables group at some point and
then deleted it. But it certainly does not appear now. If I create a whole
new pivot table it will work, but I would have to regroup everything all over
again (and there are actually hundreds of groups in mine already set). Is
there any way to reset the groups that may not appear?

Thank you in advance. I am looking forward to giving out a nice green
checkmark.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures