Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MattM

Default Stop Excel from stripping out leading zeros when saving as CSV

Many thanks for the help, Gary's Student.

However, I'm not sure what you're saying is correct. Have another look at my
original post. After saving the file in Excel, I then do what you've
suggested (see my step 6 - which should be step 5! sorry): open the CSV file
in a text editor. And the zeros are gone.

In other words, it's not a presentation issue - Excel really has stripped
out the leading zeros. Despite the fact that I didn't go anywhere near the
relevant part of the file (namely, cell A1), during my editing.

All the best
MattM