Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SAlexander

Default formula

Im writing a horse race program.
I can do as many as 20 horses in one race (or 20 rows)
In my program there are 15 categories (or 15 columns) where a horse can be
rated 1st, 2nd or 3rd which is conditionally formatted (Blue, Red and Green).
In other words a particular horse could have any number of blue, reds, or
greens in his section up to 15..
Id like to be able to break this down to the point where I can generate a
number for each horse, corresponding to how many 1st, 2nd, or 3rds(blue, reds
and greens) a horse may have.
What formula would I use to count all the blues, reds and greens for each
horse and generate this into another section of my sheet?

--
SAlexander