Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mitch

Default SORT REPETITIVE DATA FROM ROWS TO COLUMNS

Otto -

Thanks for the help but still no go. However Gord Dibbon posted a mocro that
did exactly what I needed.

Mitch

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

This little macro should do what you want. As written, this macro assumes
the data is in Column A and the first name is in A2. It also assumes that
each "piece" of data consists of 3 cells bracketed by a blank cell above it
and below it. This macro puts the product in Columns B:D starting in row 2.
Change these parameters in the code as needed to match your actual data.
HTH Otto
Sub TransposeAll()
Dim Source As Range
Set Source = Range("A2")
Do
Source.Resize(3).Copy
Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial
Transpose:=True
Set Source = Source.Offset(4)
Loop Until Source.Value = ""
End Sub

"Mitch" wrote in message
I have a column of repetitive data:

BLANK CELL
NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP
BLANK CELL

I would like to be able to resort the dats so that each line becomes a
column
BLANK CELL NAME ADDRESS CITY, STATE ZIP BLANK
CELL

I know I can do it 3 cells/rows at a time using the paste special and
transpose command but I have a 1000 names and addresses. How do I do it in
one operation instead of a thousand?