Tim C

Ken,

It's unclear what format you want the result to be in.

Try:

=INT((F10-E10)*48)/2

and format as a number, or

=INT((F10-E10)*48)/48

and format as time.

Tim C

"Ken Ivins" wrote in message
Okay, This seemed to work.

=((TEXT(F10-E10,"h:mm"))-INT(TEXT(F10-E10,"h:mm")))*24

Anyone see a problem with this?

Thanks,
Ken

"Ken Ivins" wrote in message
Don,

Thanks for your help. I tried this a few different ways with out
getting the results I'm looking for. Any other ideas?

Ken

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
try this
=ROUND(A1/TIME(0,30,0),0)*TIME(0,30,0)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ken Ivins" wrote in message
I am creating an employee time sheet that the put in their starting
time
and
ending time (From a drop down list). I would like Excel to calculate
the
amount of time showing full and if need be a half hour. My problem is
that
the results half only been in full hours. Such as 9 am to 5 pm comes
out
as
8 hours. But also 9 am to 4:30 pm also comes out as 7 hours instead of
7.5
hours.

I have tried three types of formulas with the same result:

=TEXT(F11-E11,"h")

=(INT(F10-E10*24))

=hour(f10-E10)

Any ideas on getting the results I need?

Thanks,
Ken