Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John

Default Is it Possible?

Franz

Thanks for your help, it certainly is nearly there and does round to the
nearest 15mins. But I'm looking to get the nearest 'next' 15min. Sounds
confusing but say if E8 showed 8:02 PM I'd want my formula to return 8:15 PM
and not 8:00 PM

But a smart formula you have given nonetheless

Thanks

"Franz Verga" wrote in message
Nel post
*Franz Verga* ha scritto:

Nel post
*John* ha scritto:

Is it possible to 'round' a time to the next nearest 15min interval?

As an example in cell A1 I have a value that returns 2:07 PM (its
formated as h:mm AM/PM), but in B1 I wish to translate this to the
nearest 15min interval in an hour which is 2:15 PM, if the value in
A1 was 5:39 PM I would want to show 5:45 PM in B1 etc etc

Any guidance appreciated

Hi John,

maybe this can help:

=MROUND(E8,15/60/24)

but for 2:07 PM the nearest 15 minutes take to 2:00 PM, instead of
2:15 PM, maybe you can "play" with this formula to find the best
result...

I think I got it:

=MROUND(E8+30/60/60/24,15/60/24)

obviusly in E8 there is the time to round.

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao