Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Franz Verga

Default Is it Possible?

Nel post
*Franz Verga* ha scritto:

Nel post
*John* ha scritto:

Is it possible to 'round' a time to the next nearest 15min interval?

As an example in cell A1 I have a value that returns 2:07 PM (its
formated as h:mm AM/PM), but in B1 I wish to translate this to the
nearest 15min interval in an hour which is 2:15 PM, if the value in
A1 was 5:39 PM I would want to show 5:45 PM in B1 etc etc

Any guidance appreciated

Hi John,

maybe this can help:

=MROUND(E8,15/60/24)

but for 2:07 PM the nearest 15 minutes take to 2:00 PM, instead of
2:15 PM, maybe you can "play" with this formula to find the best
result...

I think I got it:

=MROUND(E8+30/60/60/24,15/60/24)

obviusly in E8 there is the time to round.

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao