Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave

Default Is there a function for this....

Tiffani

Assuming your data is in A1 and all of the items have the same makeup (ie
dashes are the 4th and 6th character and the same number of characters) this
will work

=LEFT(A1,3)&MID(A1,5,1)&RIGHT(A1,3)

Dave

"Tiffani" wrote in message
This could just be laziness, but with I dont want to do it for 3000 cells.

I work for a company where we can upload prices into our system that we
use
with an excel spreadsheet. But the company who sends us the price list,
has
dashes and spaces in their item numbers and our system doesnt us the dases
and spaces.

So, is there a way to have excel go through and take them out. Or will I
just need to suck it up and go through each one and take out the dashes
and
such.

For example, their item # looks like this: ALA-6-150
our item # would be: ALA6150

Please help if you can.
Thanks!!!