Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Default VBA Code help

Creese
Let me see if I have this right. You have a sheet you call sheet One.
On that sheet you have the following, as well as a button to trigger the
macro:
Updated Successfully
IMEI # 351609012359835
Receipt # 611049
I have some questions about this:
About the "Updated Successfully". Looking at your macro I see that this
text is placed in a cell if and when the data has been successfully updated.
Now let me ask you why you are doing this. Are you doing this just to
advise the user that the update has been completed successfully? If so,
would you like to have a simple message box to pop up on the screen saying
so instead? Or perhaps you want that text in that cell for some reason?
The IMEI line: Is all that in one cell? Or is "IMEI #" in one cell and the
serial number in the adjacent cell?
The same question for the Receipt line.

You say that you have sheet two with the Brand, Model, and IMEI number. I
take it that each of these is in a separate column. Is that correct?
Then you have a 4th column with "Receipt #" as the header. Is that correct?
You mention multiple sheets and that you need to search these other sheets,
not just sheet two.
Is it correct that you have, in these other sheets, essentially what you
have in sheet two but with different IMEI numbers?
Is it also correct that you want the macro to search each of these other
sheets until it finds that IMEI number, and then place the Receipt number
one cell to the right of that found IMEI number?
Otto
"creese" wrote in
message ...

The look up tool is just a button I have created to process the macro. I
just can't get it to look through multiple sheets.

Currently on sheet one I have a chart that looks like this:

Updated Successfully
IMEI # 351609012359835 "Click to Update" (Button)
Receipt # 611049

On sheet two I have all of the serial numbers listed and further
details:

Brand Model IMEI Receipt #
Ericsson T62U 10124716931015
Ericsson T237 10273003777258 611087
Ericsson T237 10273003777290 611095
Ericsson W6001 357446000798235
Ericsson Z520A 351609011849133 611029
Ericsson Z520A 351609011846626
Ericsson Z520A 351609011147819 611089
Ericsson Z520A 351609012359835 611049

I want to be able to put the receipt number in that goes with the
serial number even if the serial number is on a different sheet.

--
creese
creese's Profile: