Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Abanana

Default Date and Text in one formula

I am trying to crack the code in my work place by making
A rota for staff

Here’s the implication and your help in this one is a huge blessing
please help me here my email

LD is long day 12 hours
N=night shift 12
E=early shift 8
L=late shift 8
ENP=Emergency nurse practitioner 8
EENP =8
LENP=8

SD=study day 8 hrs

SD needs to be calculated as 8 hrs on total hours row but on column
number of employee in the dept is 0

AL=annual leave 0
BH=bank holiday 0
ML=maternity leave 0
S=off sick 0
Peads=working in paediatric dept 12 on (total hours row) 0 hrs on
column total number of staff because this person is not in adults dept

Off=off duty 0
LDCDU=Long day in clinical decision unit 12
ECDU=8
LCDU=8

Column A

From A4 to A68 the names of the staff

Rows

From b2 to ac2 days mon tue wed etc
From b3 to ac3 dates 1 2 3 etc

From b4 to ac65 shifts inserted i.e LD N E AL S off etc

Rows
From ad4 to ad65 each cell gives the total hours of each employe

Column

A66 cell ealy
To calculate from b4 to b65 how many employee are in the dept from 8 am
on to 8pm

A67 cell Late
to calculate from b4 to b65 how many employee are in the dept from
mid-day to 8pm

A68 night
To calculate from b4 to b65 how many employee are in the dept on night
shift

I hope all the details are easy to understand if not

Please email me should you need any more details

please help

Many many thanks anticipated

--
Abanana