Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Myerse

Default How to only show decimals if there are any

I want my numbers to be formatted as follows:

423
15
(2.5)
.5
10
(.5)
(2)
(23)
1,516

It is a FTE report, so most numbers are whole numbers, but some
departments have .5 for part-time employees.

When I use General formatting, the negative numbers show as -2, instead
of (2) and the decimals show as 0.5 instead of .5. I can live with
this, but was wondering how to format to get above results.

I have tried the following custom formatting, but it puts a decimal
after an integer, so 423 is 423. and (2) is (2.)

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

--
Myerse
Myerse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35719