Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
angel

Default How do you find the list option in excel on office xp

I planned my list structure, the sequence of fields, and any appropriate
formatting. I was then instructed to select the range and tell Excel that it
is a list using a command on the Data menu. The instruction went exactly like
this: With A1:I4 selected, click Data on the menu bar, point to List, click
Create List, make sure My list has headers is checked, then click OK. In
smaller writing under the initial directions is this: The List toolbar
appears and the list now has a blue border. AutoFilter list arrows, which let
you display portions of your data, appear next to each column header. The
blank last row of the list is the ensert row, ready for new list data to be
added. On the side is a Quick Tip that states if the List toolbar doesn't
appear, click View on the menu bar, point to Toolbars, then click List. I
tried both commands under Data on the menu bar and under View the List
command was not there. I hope this helps! I don't know what to do lol. I have
office xp on my pc. My lessons are for office 2003. I don't know if that is
where I am running into trouble or not. This is the first time I have had
problems. Thank You, Angel

"Mike G" wrote:

Can you quote exactly what your lesson plans wants you to do. Lists are
created by hand typing them in or importing them from another file, its hard
to understand exactly what the requirement is. Post back

"angel" wrote in message
I am trying to create a list. When I click data on the menu bar there is no
list option to point to. I've gone to view on the menu bar, pointed to
toolbars and list is not there either. I am going to school online and one
of
my lessons explains how to do this with those two options but they are not
there.