Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
creese

Default VBA Code help

I have a inventory spreadsheet that I load serial numbers on and on
sheet 1 I have look up tool. I need some help so I can create seperate
pages for each item, and have my lookup tool search through each page.
Currently it only looks up on the one page. Ok Here is my code I have
now:

Sub UpdateReceipt()
SerialFound = "NotYet"
myError = ""
Range("b1").Clear
mySerial = Range("b2").Value
myReceipt = Range("b3").Value
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("c1").Select
Do While Selection.Value < ""
Selection.Offset(1, 0).Select
If Selection.Value = mySerial Then
If IsEmpty(Selection.Offset(0, 1).Value) Then
Selection.Offset(0, 1).Value = myReceipt
SerialFound = "Yes"
myError = "Updated Successfully"
Else
myError = "Error, Receipt Exists for that Serial #"
SerialFound = "No"
Loop
If SerialFound = "NotYet" Then myError = "Serial Number not found"
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("b1").Value = myError
If SerialFound = True Then
Range("b3").Clear