Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hari

Default Calculating Std Deviation based on a condition

Hi,

I have data in A2 through B100

Column A has numerical data while B has values like "A", "B" and so on.

More than one row could have the same value of B. I apply a unique
filter on column B and get the results in Cells D2 through D10. Now, In
cells E2 through E10, I want to find standard deviation of Column A
(for matching values from Column D and B)

One way can do this is using Pivot. But I want to know if I can use
some combo formula to do the same (it will be somewhat equal to Sumif
formula).

Regards,
HP
India