Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave in Nashville

Default New Buttons dont work after I put them in the toolbar

I have no trouble adding new buttons to the toolbar (such as spinner,
toggle). But when I try to use the button (place it in a spreadsheet), it
doesn't work. Instead, when I left click on the button, the "six little
corner circles" appear so that I can resize or reshape the button. If I
left double click the mouse on the button, a visual basic window appears.

Re-installation and Repair from the cd have not helped.