Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default Alphabetical order possible? or not

Using event code I'm sure you could get Excel to sort your entries as you
entered them, but I would find that very annoying.

I prefer to enter my names in a column in any order and when done, sort that
column at one go.

But here is some code to sort as you enter.

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
Call Macro2
End If
End With
End If
ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Sub Macro2()
Range("A:A").Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), _
Order1:=xlAscending, Header:= _
xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, _
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
End Sub

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste the event code and the macro2 into that module.

Close that module and hit ALT + Q to go back to Excel.

Start typing names in column A

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:39:02 -0500, OSSIE
wrote:

can you have excel as you enter data arrange it in alphabetical order by
last names or names?