Bob Phillips

HTH

RP

"Jan Buckley" wrote in message
I want to format a worksheet so that only credit inputs are allowed

(amounts
less than 0) in any cell formatted as a number cell, whenever the cell
containing the spreadsheet balance is less than or equal to zero. This is

spreadsheet where purchases are logged and a balance is maintained. If the
balance falls below zero, users are supposed to contact me for more money,
but they do not, and continue to log entries when the balance is in the

red.
I want to prevent them from making any entries that will cause the balance

fall below zero. I do want to allow them to make entries that will

increase a
balance that is at or below zero. Can anyone help?