Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kycajun

Default average cells, show 0 if nothing to average

Genius!!! I sure did, as was my intention, yet forgot when trying to
implement this forumula. Thanks to all for replying as all of your answers
were correct, just user error!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Shouldn't do, it should show 0, unless you have zeroes suppressed
(ToolsOptionsGeneralZero Values).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kycajun" wrote in message
Closer. Typing that in currently displays a blank cell. So the error is
gone, but it is not displaying 0 if nothing is entered. Any suggestions?

"tim m" wrote:

Give this a try:

=IF(ISERR(AVERAGE(G67:G76))=TRUE,0,AVERAGE(G67:G76 ))

"Kycajun" wrote:

I am averaging the following:

=AVERAGE(G67:G76), this works fine (simple formula). However, if

nothing is
entered in all of these cells, I would like my results cell to display

0.
Currently if nothing is entered for G67 thru G76, it results in

#DIV/0!. I
just want it to show 0. I know this is simple, but I am dancing all

around
it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!