Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
shaunap

Default average cells, show 0 if nothing to average

Is it a completely blank cell or a dash in the centre of the cell? If it's a
dash then it's most likely your formatting setting. Change the format of the
cell and you should get a 0. I tried Tim's formula in my own sheet and got a
0. Another way to do the same formula is as follows

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(G67:G76)),0,AVERAGE(G67:G76))

If it's a completely blank cell you've stumped me.

"Kycajun" wrote:

Closer. Typing that in currently displays a blank cell. So the error is
gone, but it is not displaying 0 if nothing is entered. Any suggestions?

"tim m" wrote:

Give this a try:

=IF(ISERR(AVERAGE(G67:G76))=TRUE,0,AVERAGE(G67:G76 ))

"Kycajun" wrote:

I am averaging the following:

=AVERAGE(G67:G76), this works fine (simple formula). However, if nothing is
entered in all of these cells, I would like my results cell to display 0.
Currently if nothing is entered for G67 thru G76, it results in #DIV/0!. I
just want it to show 0. I know this is simple, but I am dancing all around
it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!