Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TeRex82

Default Duplicate Text within single cell. How to identify & split

All suggestions work fine, I have gone with ...

=IF(LEFT(B1,LEN(A1))=A1,B1,A1&" "&B1)

Many thanks for your assistance..with limited info supplied

Will give more details next time I post,

"Bearacade" wrote:

I am not sure if I am understanding you correct, but here is a stab in
the dark.

I am assuming the incorrect version has the Vendor name filled, and the
vendor name along with the hardward name in the Hardware field.

Maybe this will help, it looks to see if the Vendor name reoccurs in
the beginning of the hardware field:

=IF(LEFT(B1,LEN(A1))=A1,B1,A1&" "&B1)

So if you apply it to the Cisco example, It will not just show Cisco
1700

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016