Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Finding unique entries among two columns of alphanumeric data

"Bob" wrote:
.. I need to switch the data contained in columns A and B.
In other words, column A will have both the existing and
newer Project Numbers, whereas column B will simply have just the existing
Project Numbers. I'm not sure how to modify your formulas to account for the
change.

For the converse situation ..

In C2:
=IF(COUNT(D:D)<ROW(A1),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(D: D,ROW(A1)),D:D,0)))

[above same as previous, except that we index col A now instead of col B,
i.e. .. this part: INDEX(A:A, ..]

In D2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,B:B,0)),"",ROW() ))

[above similar to previous criteria, except for the changes to point to col
A,
and to match col A's items with what's in col b]

Select C2:D2, fill down to last row of data in col A*
*instead of col B

Col C will return items in col A not found in col B,
all neatly bunched at the top
--
Max
Singapore