Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Baylynx

Default How do I link two columns of data into one column?

I'm sorry Marcelo, but I don't understand =se this formula. Can you please
explain further? Thank you.

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi Baylynx

=se this formula

=a1&" "&b1

and copy it down

HTH
regards from Brazil - going to the 6th *
Marcelo

"Baylynx" escreveu:

I've done this before but can't remember the solution. I have two columns of
date: Column A contains first names, Column B conains last names. I created
column C for the combined contents of A and B. I also want the data
separated by a space. I understand that if I want to combine the contents of
two cells, I could use the formula =A1&" "&B1. But how do I do this for
entire columns with a range of approximately 1,000 cells?

I am not a heavy user of excel, so please keep the answers simple. Thank you.