Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJT

Default Loan Amortization Schedule Template from Business Financial Pl

I agree. Seems completely reasonable. I was just wondering how they set up
the condition that the cells I indicated must be populated in order for the
IF formula to make a calculation. In another words, in the formula
=IF(Values_Entered,A316+1,"") how do they set the "values_entered" condition?
Let me know if this isn't clear. Normally, I would just set the condition
to say something like =if(and(a0,b0,c0,a1+b1,""). Their way seems easier
just not sure how they did it. Thanks for your response.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Their process seems reasonable to me.

What is your question?

Fred

"SJT" wrote in message
I downloaded the loan amortization schedule from the help function in Excel.
The template uses a condition in its IF formulas that requires a number of
cells be populated in order for the formula to run through its calculation.
An example is =IF(Values_Entered,A316+1,"") where cells d5-d7 and d9 had to
be populated or the cell is left blank. Was wondering how that is set up
where the IF formula looks to those cells to verify that there is data.
Also, "Values_Entered" does not appear in the drop box for the range names.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.