JulieD

Hi Dale

RG's given you an answer for the first ... so for your second question ...
select the column of numbers
choose format / conditional formatting
choose
cell value is
choose
less than
in the white line type the number that you're testing on, e.g. 450
and click on the Format button
choose a formatting
click OK twice
and the cells that meet the condition should have the formatting you chose.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Dale Rosenthal" wrote in message
I know I'm not going to ask this correctly. I have a column of numbers. I
wish to have a count at the bottom of the column of the number of numbers
that fall below a certain number. What function is this? Or, is there a
website that would tell me how to do this?

Second question: Same column of numbers. Is there a way to have those same
numbers that fall below a given number become bold?

Thanks so much.

Dale