Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ian Digby

Default Add-in functions not available

I am running Excel 2003 on a normal laptop as part of Office Professional,
on Windows XP Professional.

I recently installed (successfully it seemed) an Excel add-in:

"Microsoft Excel Add-in for SQL Server Analysis Services" which is freely
available from the Microsoft web site.

When I try to use its functions, e.g. CUBECELLMEMBER(...), the error "#NAME"
is returned, indicating that Excel cannot see the functions. The add-in has
installed its menus and in all other respects appear to function correctly.

I am also running the Office 2007 Beta 2 which, oddly, has no problem
recognising the functions of the add-in.

I assumed this was some kind of security issue - but what?

I seem to have everything set up correctly in Macro Security. "Trust All
Installed Addins and Tempaltes" is enabled, Macro Security level is "Medium".
Could it be something to do with .NET Framework security? Is the add-in a
VSTO solution? I don't think so because the accompanying help file makes no
such reference.

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards,

Ian Digby

--
Work performed in the spirit of service is worship...Baha''''i Writings