Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nick Hodge

Default [Q] Auto filter possible on multi-value cell?

John

Use the custom option in the autofilter and in resulting dialog select
'begins with...', 'ends with...' or 'contains...'

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"John IV" wrote in message
I have a Music spreadsheet.

Column A - artist, B - Genre, C - Music style

1. I would like to somehow have multiple values in column C.
2. Additionally if I autofilter I'd like the autofilter to be able to
filter on each of the items in C.

So something like:

A B C
Enya New Age Celtic;World
ClannadNew Age Celtic

Autofilter on Music Style shows dropdown for both Celtic and World
individually. Choosing World would give Enya only, but choosing Celtic
would show Enya and Clannad.

Is this remotely possible? :-) Thanks -