Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shannonn

Default Have user input converted to uppercase in same cell as input?

Hi all
Noob Alert! Very new to spreadsheets! I have a simple form that requires
data selected from a text description to be entered in a cell to give us a
special product code.

The code is upper case in the description but ppl are entering it in lower
case, I need to convert the entry to uppercase to match our entry system, but
I need a function to convert and display the converted text in the original
cell.

I looked at =UPPER function but that displays converted text elsewhere, if I
use it in the same cell as input I want converted I get the circular error
msg.

Can someone perhaps take time to show me how to make a drop down selection
where I can control the selection output please? That would look better and
solve the dilemma.

Thanks in advance
ShannonN