Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
tim m

Default Excel converts formula to number

Are the cells 'protected' and 'hidden'? If you look under help for 'formula
bar settings' then click on 'display or hide formulas' it lists a method for
not displaying formulas in the formula bar by protection and hiding.

"noyb" wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean in the body of the worksheet and I know the
difference between text and numbers. I mean in the (I think its called)
"formula bar" near the top of the screen where the actual formula behind
the number is displayed.
Thanks

noyb wrote:
How come when I enter 10000/10 excel displays 1000 in the formula bar
and not 10000/10? Does not always happen so I guess must be setting.
Thanks