Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

Default vlookup

"Looking-for-a-brainiac"
wrote in message ...

"Steve" wrote:

I have a column containing a vlookup formula. With blank rows vlookup
returns
#N/A. To handle those situations I would like to put the vlookup formula
inside an 'if' statement that returned a value other than #N/A;ie,
If(vlookup()= "#N/A" ,0,Vlookup(....) )". However, using "#N/A" as the
condition doesn't seem to work-is there something else that does?

This is just what I needed, but when I am getting an error on the "" in
the
formula. I have tried just plain "", "0", and " ", but it still is not
working. Any ideas?

I think you may be trying to reply to JLatham's suggestion of
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(formula),"",VLOOKUP(formula)))
in which case I think the problem is with the brackets.

Try
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(formula)),"",VLOOKUP(formula))
--
David Biddulph