Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mdma

Default Find / compare result with list

I am going to have a set of data to be checked against a set of default
data, and then flagged if it outside the ranges.

I have attached a quick example (i have not included all possibilites)

For example for Ref 1 : this is from area 12, expected 1000 with an a
result of 23, b result of 100 and c result of 50.

It is required that the results are checked against the min and max
targets, however these targets are dependant on the area / expected.

Therefore for Ref 1, using the constant data, the min max for type are
50 / 200. As the actual result is 23 this is outside the permitted
range and therefore needs notification.

The data will be imported from another system, and therefore the layout
will be similar to the data, so I am not sure how the problem ones will
be actually identified (as each row will have different results).

I am not sure as the best way to start looking at this (the only
thought i have had so far is IF/OR!)

Thanks

|Filename: example.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4905 |