Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Balthanon

Default Grouping According to Sets of Rows

#2 is fine for my purposes--in fact that's actually what I'm looking
for, since identifier 1 tells me that the user has infoA, infoB, infoC,
and infoD, it's just not stored that way in our systems. I can go
through and delete the duplicated rows manually if need be, though if
that could be done automatically it would be nice as well.

Also, User3 should be identifier1--the identifier is what I am actually
comparing between the reports.

JLatham wrote:
I think this can be done with VLOOKUP(), but need to make sure of what your
end result needs to look like.

Choice 1:
Consolidated Report
User1 identifier1 infoA infoB infoC infoD
User2 identifier2 infoC infoD
User3 identifier1 infoA infoB infoC infoD
(and should identifier for User3 be identifier1 or identifier3?)

Choice 2:
Base Report:
User1 Identifier1
User1 Identifier1
User1 Identifier1
User1 Identifier1
User2 Identifier2
User2 Identifier2
User3 Identifier3
User3 Identifier3
User3 Identifier3
User3 Identifier3

Which is the result you want. #2 is easier than #1 because of the varying
number of data items for each user in the Base Report.