Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ile

Default count coloured cells

Thanks Chip. I managed to get the 'colorindex' function to work, but the
'countbycolor' gives an error message. I guess the problem is with the
syntax. I've tried many variations to it, but still can't get it to work.

This means a trip to library and reading VBA basics... :-)

Many thanks for the help.

ile

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

In the VBA Editor, go to the Insert menu and choose Module. Paste
the code in that module.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"ile" wrote in message
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with
VB coding. I
copied the code to VB editor, but it didn't work. What am I
doing wrong?

Any solutions?

ile

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
--
Gary's Student

"ile" wrote:

Hi
How can I count cells which are formatted in colour? I have
tried the
countif function, but it does not work. I cannot use the
conditional
formatting, because the cell values contain only text, which
is not
repeating. So I have to manually colour the cells.

Please advise.

ile