Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Courreges

Default Selecting range in list of range names depending on a cell inf

Now I would like to mix 2 cells to get to the right range of cells. Is this
possible?

EX: I refer to Germany (Cell B2) and eSize (Cell A2) to match the data in a
range called GEReSize. Then if in cell B2 I have France, I would like it to
match with FRAesize, etc...

Is this possible? Or what should I change to make this possible?

Thanks for your help!

--
Anne de Courreges

"Toppers" wrote:

E1 contains name of range e.g GERVar, FRANVar ....

=INDEX(INDIRECT(E1),MATCH(E2,$A$2:$A$4,0),MATCH(E3 ,$B$1:$D$1,0))

HTH

"Courreges" wrote:

I need a formula that selects in the list of range names the one related to
the information of a cell.
I have the following formula Index(GERVar, MATCH(Value A,Lookup ArrayA,0,
MATCH(Value B, Lookup ArrayB,0))
And when I have "Germany" in a certain cell, the formula will look for the
right value within the range "GERVar" previously created.
If now I have "France" in a certain cell, the array will not be GERVar
anymore but FRAVar in the Index formula as follows:
Index(FRAVar, MATCH(Value A,Lookup ArrayA,0, MATCH(Value B, Lookup ArrayB,0))
I know that this is maybe not as easy as that, maybe not feasable with such
the formula I wrote but the idea is there.
Please could you help me?

Anne de Courreges