Paul Hollinger

"Poj" wrote:

I've just installed office 2003. I use piovt tables a lot. Before I could use
an existing pivot table in formulas outside the table itself with great ease.
But now, everytime I create a formula outside the pivot table all references
are absolute and is full of no use formulas (like Get.Pivotdata(...). Only
with a lot of work I can go around this new "feature" in excel 2003. Is there
a way to solve this?

You can get the old formulas by typing the cell references directly, rather
than clicking on the cells you want to reference. E.g., if B5 is in the
pivot table, and you want to use its value in a formula in D5 (which is
outside the pivot table), go to D5 and type "=B5...", rather than "="
followed by a mouse click on B5.