Tushar Mehta

Does that mean that you have 20 rows (5 products * 4 items) with data?

If so, and this is a one-time (or very infrequent) activity do the
following. If it occurs with a higher frequency, consider recording a
macro while doing the following and generalizing the resulting macro.

Click any where in your data set and create a pie chart. Now, select
each slice one at a time (select the pie, pause, select the slice).
This, of course, corresponds to particular product and activity.
Double-click it and set the color and pattern as desired. Repeat for
each of the 20 slices.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Hello,

I have some data which I which I would like to represent in a pie chart. My
data has three columns, titled 'Products', 'Activities' and 'Cost'. The
'Products' column has 5 items and the activities column has 4 different items.

I would like to segment the pie chart by 'Products' and then break down that
segment into its 'Activities' so for example in a single visual view you
could see product 'VISA' taking up a 20% segment of the total 'Products' pie
and activitie 'Calls' taking up 50% of the 'VISA' 20% product segment.

Ideally each 'Products' segment would be coloured and the 'Activities' would
be patterns. Is this possible? Any assistance very much appreciated.
Best regards
Brian
Manchester, England