Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete Dray

Default Another Date related question....

Hello all,
I am trying to work on a formula using DAYS360 (We cannot use NETWORKDAYS as
plug-in's are'nt allowed at work), and failed! So a 30 day month * 0.67 to
give 4 working weeks is good enough here.
We have a Start Date and an End Date, the variables of this are pretty wide.
The start date could be any time from now until out in 2015.
The end date could be 1 month or 5 years after the start date.
The worksheet could have 2,500 rows, with this formula in, so memory hogging
is an issue.
Between the start and end date, I need to split the number of days (Based on
the DAYS360) in each year that is covered by those dates. Don't forget I
cannot predict which year the start date will be. At my point of failure, I
had worked out the number of days in the Start year, then added 360 per year
until the cumulative total had reached the grand total DAYS360 (With an if
statement to get the correct balance in the end year). But I couldn't work
out the formula for me to allow any start date.
Help! Getting this right saves terrabytes.