Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default I love this forum! need help again!

You can concatenate the cells in a third column, assume first name is A2 and
last B2

=A2&B2

copy down as long as needed
then do the duplicate tagging on the help column

If you need to create a list of those two columns without any duplicates I
would use datafilter advanced filter,
assume the header (you need headers for advanced filter) for the first names
start in A3 and the names in A4, the last names and header starts in B3

in E2 put

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$4:A4&$B$4:B4=A4&B4))=1

now select the range from the header to the last data, do
datafilteradvanced filter, select copy to another location and as criteria
use

$E$1:$E$2

E1 needs to be blank

click OK

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"EMCUE" wrote in
message ...

I will be searching a range in at least two colums, so I can find
duplicates with the first and last names that match, so using the
typical conditional formating to find dups, I just end up with a bunch
of cells, which are contacts, that have the same first name, or last
name, or whatever in in single column I need to use a function that
will increase my range. any help there?

--
EMCUE
EMCUE's Profile: